Thursday, December 27, 2012

An Embarrassing Christmas Eve Dinner!

Belated Merry Christmas everybody! I hope your Christmas was as great as mine was. Alas, it is time to leave Christmas and continue on to the New Year: 2013! A lot has happened since I last posted, so I'll give a few updates.

We are still waiting to see if the Easter play I wrote, "The King on a Cross" will happen or not. So nothing new happening with that. If you would like more information on this play, please send me an email at animaladventures@aol.com.

This Christmas Eve, we went to the Candlelight Service at our church (this was a treat for us because when we were living in Vermont, we had to literally search for a church with a Christmas Eve service). That night, my Mom and Dad sang a special called, "Mary Did You Know?" and we had a live nativity to help the listeners visualize the scene. We had shepherds, Mary, Joseph and of course, Baby Jesus (but we used a baby doll for Jesus). Yours truly was portraying Joseph. That was a fun service! To finish off Christmas Eve, we had an interesting event at dinner . . . I'll get to that in a minute!

Of course, next up after Christmas Eve is Christmas Day! What a day that was! I thoroughly enjoyed it. I got quite a few things this year, but some of my favorites were no doubt animal models. Here they are for you to see:
(My sister gave me this one) Stegosaurus

(My Mom gave me this one) Guanlong

Inostrancevia

Scutosaurus

Dracorex

Baby Parasaurolophus
Be sure to get familiar with these faces, because there's a good chance you'll be seeing many of them soon in the upcoming stop-motion films! J

Now it's time to share a very . . . "interesting" time we had at dinner on Christmas Eve. Normally, this is where I will go and explain something educational, but today I'll just share this funny story, so here it goes:

My parents had asked where I'd want to go for dinner on Christmas Eve and I said a few puns involving Denny's because of a particular scene in the movie "The Santa Clause". Here's the scene I was referring to:


Well, I was sure we definitely wouldn't be going to Denny's for dinner because we rarely ever go to restaurants like that. Well, where do you think we went? You guessed it, Denny's! We went to Denny's because "it's always open" (the same reason Charlie and Scott go in the movie!). Now Dad has a terrible habit of embarrassing us out in public. So when we went to Denny's that night, he actually asked the waiter if her name was Judy! Then we had a little "comedy act" with the waitress, where Dad actually asked if they had eggnog, and just like the movie, they were out. Go figure! Next he asked if they had hot pie, and guess what? They didn't have that either! Talk about "like movie, like life".

That was pretty embarrassing! Then throughout the rest of the time we were there, Dad actually did stuff like point out a Japanese (at least, he looked Japanese)  man who he said was Hatsutashi from the movie! (He didn't mention it quietly either!) So as you can see, our Dad likes to embarrass us out in public . . . a lot! Talk about an interesting Denny's visit!

After my main "topic of the week", you may also recall that lately I've been showing another show from my stop-motion movie series "Animal Face-Off". (Please see my video page if you missed the previous videos in the series) Well, since it's Christmas time, I sort of slacked off. However next week I will show the grand finale in the series: "Battle at Kruger" (Lord willing, of course)

So that's the buzz of what's going on around here. Be sure to come back next week to see my latest stop-motion film and some of the normal stuff I post weekly. Since this is the last time I'll be posting in 2012, I'll see you in 2013! Happy NEW YEAR!

PS: To post a comment (this is highly encouraged), please simply click the post you wish to comment on, scroll to the bottom of the page and put what you wish to say or ask in the comment box. Then in the box below the comment box choose who you’re going to comment as. And then click preview or publish. If you aren’t signed into Google, you’ll be asked to type in a word and a number in the space provided. Type the word, put a space and then put the number. Then your comment is on the blog!

PS 2: Have a puzzling question about animals (including dinosaurs), myself, my latest book, my stop-motion movies, Creation or etc? Please post your question as a comment or send me an email at animaladventures@aol.com.

PS 3: What’s the latest scoop? Check it out at SMILEY’S NEWS.

PS 4: Be sure to comment on the latest stop-motion movies too, this will help me improve them.

PS 5: Please help us expand EXPLORATION BOOKS PEDIA. It’s F-R-E-E!

No comments:

Post a Comment