Thursday, October 24, 2013

The Whistling Wind

Hello everyone! Time is flying and the holiday season is rapidly approaching. I have BIG news to share: my family and I have moved from New York all the way to Utah! No, we didn't fly - we drove more than 2,000 miles across the continent (with my pet cat!). Let me tell you, never and I do mean never try to drive a long distance with a cat unless she's a good traveler. Our cat is a good traveler, fortunately for us! I might go into more detail about the move later. Since I've been so busy lately, I didn't have time to write the updates for the movies I've been revealing information about so after the "days till" section, I'll go straight to Joy's article for this week.

It is: 7 days till Harvest Day
It is: 34 days till Thanksgiving
It is: 62 days till Christmas

Here's Joy's article for this week:

My favorite kind of weather is sunny with a gentle breeze. I love how the wind blows through my hair and you can hear the rustle of the leaves in the trees. You can feel the wind, you may even hear it, but it's impossible to actually see it. You think you may see it but you only see its effects.
The wind is one of God's wonders but it can also cause nature's greatest disasters. Tornadoes, hurricanes, and strong winds provide many devastating effects. The wind is that soft breeze that gives you relief on a hot sunny day or maybe a gentle breeze as the leaves slowly fade away. The wind can also create catastrophes or artwork.
Though quite invisible, we can easily see the effects of blowing winds; this tree is definitely feeling a bit "winded" (pun intended!).
Wind carrying up sand or other minerals can cause a natural disaster with rocks, shaping them in an unfamiliar way. Plants use the wind to carry off their seed to migrate. The wind can push against a sail and help power your boat or be used as a natural energy source. The wind can carry on miles at a time. It helps move the clouds across the sky and helps circulate the air we breath in.
The Arbol de Piedra (aka Stone Tree) in Bolovia was carved by thousands of years of blowing wind.
Did you know that the wind carries sound too? Wind can either travel or block sounds depending on which way your facing. The wind is just one of infinite wonders here in this universe. What so you think is interesting in this universe we call home?

Like I said, sorry that today's post was rather short, but I've been sort of busy this week. Next week, I'll post updates on the movies I've been giving updates on (Lord-willing, of course!), and there have been a lot of updates lately! See you next week!

PS 1: To post a comment (this is highly encouraged), please simply click the post you wish to comment on, scroll to the bottom of the page and put what you wish to say or ask in the comment box. Then in the box below the comment box choose who you’re going to comment as. And then click preview or publish. If you aren’t signed into Google, you’ll be asked to type in a word and a number in the space provided. Type the word, put a space and then put the number. Then your comment is on the blog!

PS 2: Have a puzzling question about animals (including dinosaurs), myself, my latest book, my stop-motion movies, Creation or etc? Please post your question as a comment or send me an email at animaladventures@aol.com.

PS 3: What’s the latest scoop? Check it out at SMILEY’S NEWS.

PS 4: Be sure to comment on the latest stop-motion movies too, this will help me improve them.


No comments:

Post a Comment