Friday, May 29, 2015

Rerun Article: Behold! The New Dinosaurs of Jurassic Park IV Come Forth!

I can't believe we're only 14 days out till Jurassic World is released! I'm super, super, super excited! I don't have many updates regarding what's happening in my life as of late. However, I'd like to bring to your attention that I have been rather MIA on Smiley's News over the past few weeks. I've been so busy that I haven't had time to publish new articles. Well, I had time this week so you can click this link to check out the latest article. As of today, the latest articles will be related to the upcoming Jurassic World film! But before you go there, read today's article. Since we're so close to the movie's release, I thought it only fitting to take a look back at one of my older articles on the

Days till:
It is: 14 days till Jurassic World's theatrical release
It is: 21 days till Inside Out's theatrical release
It is: 23 days till Father's Day

Topic of the Week by Christian Ryan
Disclaimer: The article you are about to read is terribly inaccurate based on what we now know about the Jurassic World movie and is only provided here for the purpose of informing readers just how much we've learned about JW since the article was first published.

Now it's time to talk about the interview that recently took place with Jurassic Park IV's consultant, John Horner. In April 2013, Horner said that one of the new dinosaurs in Jurassic Park IV was terrifying. He also said:
"I can't actually tell you who that will be...But you'll want to keep the lights on after you see this movie"
Since no one working on the movie has revealed anything else about this dinosaur, many fans have a list of possible candidates for this "scary dinosaur". I myself have my own little list:

Candidate #1: Carnotaurus
This 30-foot long carnivore that appeared in the novel "The Lost World" (Jurassic Park's sequel) has yet to appear in the movie series. In the novel, it was depicted as a stealthy, nocturnal carnivore that can change the color and texture of its skin to blend into its environment, like a chameleon.
Candidate #2: Troodon Pectinodon
This creepy seven-foot long theropod made its appearance in  Jurassic Park: The Game. It is a sickle-clawed assassin, that hunts in packs, is nocturnal and has potent venom that attacks makes the prey disoriented and eventually paralyzed. Due to these reasons, it was supposed to be euthanized in Jurassic Park, but due to a rebellious JP scientist, they still persist . . . wouldn't they be great in JPIV? (Photo Credits
Candidate #3: Mosasaur
The mosasaur also makes an appearance in Jurassic Park: The Game. These sea-going lizards grew up to 50 feet long and are hungry for anything they could catch: fish, ammonites (similar to the nautilus), sea turtles, sharks and even other mosasaurs! While it isn't a dinosaur, it could make its appearance in the fourth movie! (Photo Credits)
Candidate #4: Inostrancevia
This reptile isn't a dinosaur, but it was still a ferocious predator! At the size of a rhinoceros, this beast was also very fast for its size. If you look at its jaws, you'll even notice that it has four-inch long sabre-teeth, just like a familiar Ice Age cat. This animal hasn't made an appearance in Jurassic Park, or much else for that matter! I think it's definitely time to shed some popularity light on this great beast - and Jurassic Park IV  is just the way to do it!
Do you like my list? What animals do you think will appear in Jurassic Park IV? Please be sure to take my poll on the right side of the page and leave a comment or two!

Disclaimer: Many (or in some cases all) of the photographs and images above are not mine. If you own one or more of them and would like them to be removed, politely let me know via my email address.


No comments:

Post a Comment