Monday, July 16, 2012

24 Hour Days or Millions of years?

Hello again, a lot of stuff is happening at our church. The summer event is coming up pretty soon. We have decided to keep the name "Family Fun Day" for the event's title. This is a FREE event to be held on Saturday, August 4, 2012 from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. There will be food, puppet skits, music, and games. Oh yeah, I almost forgot, we will have face-painting too. My sister is helping out with that, along with another girl from church. Come join us for a time filled with fun. .


The Christmas event we are having, a play called "A Big Misunderstanding". Casting call is on Saturday, August 11, 2012 from 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at Vassar Road Baptist Church.  Roles are for speaking and non-speaking parts.The production is on Saturday, December 8, 2012 at New Beginnings Church. The time is T.B.A.


To clear up any misunderstandings that may come up about the books I am working on, I'll tell you a little fact: even though my next book is (Lord willing) going to be about dinosaurs, that is not all I write about. Believe me, I have a LOT of other books I am working on, various subject matters, both nonfiction and fiction. I also am working on other Kim and Zoey books, so be on the look out. Check out my most recently published book, The King on a Cross.


One of my favorite subjects in the Bible is the account of Creation. I know great deal about the subject. I have heard a lot of hot debates about the days God took to wonderfully create everything. Some people believe that the six days of creation were literally 24 hour days, while others (mostly those "progressive creationists") believe that the word "day" in this case means millions and billions of years. Progressive creationists believe that God created everything through evolution over millions and millions and millions and millions of years. While I could blabber on and on about how evolution is merely mythology, I will stick to the topic of how long the creation days were. Now, it is true that some words have many meanings, and the word day is one of them. Take this paragraph for instance:


The old man said, "Now back in my day, it took two days to get across that desert during the heat of the day."


There are three separate meanings of the word "day" in that one sentence! The first one meanings the time when the old man in the sentence was young. The second one is referring to 24 hour days. The third one is talking about the time of day.


You should probably know that in the original Hebrew text of Genesis, the word for "day" is "Yom" (not to be confused with the similar English word pronounced as "YUM"). Now the Hebrew word yom always means a 24 hour day when its used with the words "evening", "morning", or with a number. And that's exactly the way Genesis uses the word! So the Creation week is made up of 24 hour days, not millions of years! Besides, if some people think that the Creation week is made up of millions of years, then why not think that Jonah stayed in the belly of the big fish for millions of years? Or that Joshua and the Israelites walked around Jericho for millions of years? Why don't any of us question those? Easy: THEY DON'T MAKE SENSE!


(When Knuckle-Heads talk about Genesis):





So as you can see, not only am I capable of giving evidence that the Bible is to be taken literally, but also I am capable of writing books on the subject of creation, which Lord willing, I will be doing very soon.


That's the latest scoop on things happening around here, be sure to check back soon. Goodbye!


PS: Have a puzzling question about animals (including dinosaurs), Christianity or etc? Feel free to ask or send me an email to animaladventures@aol.com.


PS 2: Also, be sure to check out my wiki website at Exploration Books pedia. The wiki is rather small and non-informative, fortunately, YOU can help expand this wiki!


PS 3: For dates and times of events happening at church, please send me an email or post your question as a comment.


PS 4: For more information about Creation, please visit one of my favorite websites: Answers In Genesis.

No comments:

Post a Comment