Thursday, May 2, 2013

Beware! The New Dinosaurs of Jurassic Park Come Forth!

Hi everyone! Sorry that I haven't posted in a while, but we are still having technical difficulties with our computer (I'm still not able to post as often as I'd like to, but I'll post as often as I can! Perhaps soon I'll be able to post weekly like I used to before my computer started messing up). So I figured that when I had the chance to post something, I'd better do it! Today, do I have TONS of updates, but I also have a non-fiction article. So let's get started!

First of all, as you will recall from my last post, the Easter production we did at Leptondale Bible Church was on the 29th and 30th of March. Well, now that it's all over, I'd say it was a big success! Many people came those two days we were doing the production to hear and see this part of Jesus Christ's life portrayed. I'd quite a few people got the message of Easter's true meaning during the production (some people even cried as Jesus hung on the cross!). And that's the real reason why we did this production, not so we could just be praised for our good performance, but so that other people could learn more about Jesus and how He paid the price we owe for all the sins (e.g. lying, stealing, sexual immorality, lust, murder, disobeying parents and etc.). And that price was death! Even though Jesus was innocent, He willingly died on a cross - the punishment we all deserve. But He didn't stay dead! People who saw the presentation also would have learned that to give us hope, Jesus rose back to life on the third day, conquering death. So now if we accept Jesus as our Lord and Savior, we can go to heaven and live with Him when we die instead of dwelling in Hell for eternity. This time, we caught the production on video, so if I can, I'll post the video on the blog so that you guys can view it!

I also have big news for the stop-motion series I'm working on - Planet of the Dinosaurs. Just because the computer is acting up didn't mean I couldn't continue to work on this series. During the past several weeks, I have been continuously been taking pictures for the series and I finally finished! Now the series is approximately 51% done! I know I said I'd probably have it done in May, but, never having worked on a series like this before, I didn't know exactly how long it would take. However, I firmly believe I should have it finished at least by July, probably sooner! I'll keep you posted.

By the way, in the midst of working on Planet of the Dinosaurs, I've also been working on various shorts. Here is one of my latest ones (never mind the 2012 copyright date at the end of the credits, that was a typo). While it has no connection to the stop-motion series I'm making, this clip is very funny (I still laugh even after seeing it twenty-zillion times!). I hope you like it!


If you've been following this website, then you'll know that I'm a huge Jurassic Park fan! I've seen all three movies and the recently released Jurassic Park: The Game (which could also be called Jurassic Park 1 1/2). I also have a little collection of Jurassic Park games as home. So as you can imagine, as soon as I found out that their making a fourth movie, I've been following the progress like crazy. There's been a good bit of progress on this movie since I last posted (see this article for more on the Jurassic Park series), so today, I decided to tell you what we know about this upcoming movie!

By now, most JP fans know that the new film is going to (finally) be released on June 13, 2014, will be directed by Colin Trevorrow and will be written by the Rick Jaffa and his wife Amanda Silver. In April 2013, an interview with the film's dinosaur consultant, John Horner has revealed something about one of the dinosaurs we are to expect in the upcoming picture (we'll get to that in just a minute, the paragraph talking about this new dinosaur is two paragraphs down).

Before going into what new dinosaur might be in the movie, I'll reveal another piece of information: on April 12, 2013, it was officially announced that filming for this movie would take place in Baton Rouge, LA and Kauai, Hawaii. The other three films in the Jurassic Park series were also filmed - at least partly - in Hawaii. As you might recall if you've seen the other films in the series, the first movie takes place on the fictional Isla Nublar and the second and third movies take place on the fictional Isla Sorna. So since they are going back to Hawaii to film this movie, we could also see a reappearance of one of the two islands in the previous films (wouldn't it be nice to see what has become of Isla Nublar since we haven't seen it since 1993, about 20 years ago?). Or perhaps we will see a completely new island. Who knows? So far, the location where the movie is taking place has been kept under wraps.

On March 20, 2013, Colin Trevorrow told us something else about the movie in his Twitter account. He posted: 
No feathers. #JP4
Many evolutionists aren't exactly comfortable with the fact that the dinosaurs in this movie won't have feathers. Why? Well, according to them, since dinosaurs evolved into birds, it only makes since that dinosaurs had feathers as well. Besides, they claim to have found dozens of feathered dinosaur fossils. But as a (young-earth) "creationist" (I don't have a PhD or anything), we know that we have no evidence for feathered dinosaurs. Now the Bible doesn't say that dinosaurs didn't have feathers, so some very well could have had a fluffy covering. I'm only saying we don't have evidence for this. The "feathered dinosaurs" discovered so far are actually "dinosaur-like" birds or dinosaurs with collagen fibers.

Now it's time to talk about the interview that recently took place with Jurassic Park IV's consultant, John Horner. In April 2013, Horner said that one of the new dinosaurs in Jurassic Park IV was terrifying. He also said:
"I can't actually tell you who that will be...But you'll want to keep the lights on after you see this movie"
Since no one working on the movie has revealed anything else about this dinosaur, many fans have a list of possible candidates for this "scary dinosaur". I myself have my own little list:

Candidate #1: Carnotaurus
This 30-foot long carnivore that appeared in the novel "The Lost World" (Jurassic Park's sequel) has yet to appear in the movie series. In the novel, it was depicted as a stealthy, nocturnal carnivore that can change the color and texture of its skin to blend into its environment, like a chameleon.
Candidate #2: Troodon Pectinodon
This creepy seven-foot long theropod made its appearance in  Jurassic Park: The Game. It is a sickle-clawed assassin, that hunts in packs, is nocturnal and has potent venom that attacks makes the prey disoriented and eventually paralyzed. Due to these reasons, it was supposed to be euthanized in Jurassic Park, but due to a rebellious JP scientist, they still persist . . . wouldn't they be great in JPIV? (Photo Credits
Candidate #3: Mosasaur
The mosasaur also makes an appearance in Jurassic Park: The Game. These sea-going lizards grew up to 50 feet long and are hungry for anything they could catch: fish, ammonites (similar to the nautilus), sea turtles, sharks and even other mosasaurs! While it isn't a dinosaur, it could make its appearance in the fourth movie! (Photo Credits)
Candidate #4: Inostrancevia
This reptile isn't a dinosaur, but it was still a ferocious predator! At the size of a rhinoceros, this beast was also very fast for its size. If you look at its jaws, you'll even notice that it has four-inch long sabre-teeth, just like a familiar Ice Age cat. This animal hasn't made an appearance in Jurassic Park, or much else for that matter! I think it's definitely time to shed some popularity light on this great beast - and Jurassic Park IV  is just the way to do it!
Do you like my list? What animals do you think will appear in Jurassic Park IV? Please be sure to take my poll on the right side of the page and leave a comment or two!

Thank you for stopping by today! I hope you had as much fun reading this article as much as I did writing it. Like I said before, I'm not sure when my next time to post an article will be, but Lord-willing, it will be very soon. See you then!



PS: To post a comment (this is highly encouraged), please simply click the post you wish to comment on, scroll to the bottom of the page and put what you wish to say or ask in the comment box. Then in the box below the comment box choose who you’re going to comment as. And then click preview or publish. If you aren’t signed into Google, you’ll be asked to type in a word and a number in the space provided. Type the word, put a space and then put the number. Then your comment is on the blog!

PS 2: Have a puzzling question about animals (including dinosaurs), myself, my latest book, my stop-motion movies, Creation or etc? Please post your question as a comment or send me an email at animaladventures@aol.com.

PS 3: What’s the latest scoop? Check it out at SMILEY’S NEWS.

PS 4: Be sure to comment on the latest stop-motion movies too, this will help me improve them.

No comments:

Post a Comment